Our Aerodynamics Laboratory houses subsonic wind tunnels utilized to conduct research in aerodynamics for flows around airfoils, wings, and non-aerodynamic (bluff) bodies. Aerodynamics Laboratory is also equipped with hi-tech instrumentation such us:
- Göttingen type wind tunnel closed return, with two open elliptic test sections of 1.0 m x 0.69m and max velocity 30 m/s,
- Open circuit wind tunnel with a closed test section of 0.61m x 0.61m x 2.4m and max value 30 m/s.
- Four channels hotwire anemometer with single, double and triple sensors for the turbulence velocity definition of two and three dimensional turbulence flows
- Smoke-wire flow-visualization system
- 3-axis CNC Machine for wing geometries
- Stereoscopic Particle Image Velocimetry- SPIV